EVERY DAY COUNTS
Going to school every day is the single most important part of your child’s education. Students learn new things at school every day – missing school puts them behind.
Hallam PS Uniform
Hallam PS uniforms are available from PSW in Hampton Park. Please open the link below to view more details and the price list. There are also a few second hand uniforms available at school. Please contact the office.
Student Dress Code:
- Girls – school dress or bottle green: school skirt (not a netball skirt)/skorts, shorts, bicycle shorts, trousers, track pants, windcheater, jacket and yellow polo shirt
- Boys – bottle green: shorts, trousers, track pants, windcheater, jacket and yellow polo shirt
- Closed toe shoes such as: school shoes or dark coloured runners/sneakers are preferred
- Socks, headbands, scrunchies and ribbons are to be white, yellow or bottle green. Leggings/tights are to be bottle green.
- Religious headwear must be in bottle green, yellow or plain white.
- A watch, and one pair of plain stud earrings or sleepers worn in the ears, is the only acceptable jewellery.
- Extreme hair colors (eg: green, pink or purple rinses) and/or extreme hairstyles (eg: spikes, shaved shapes or mohawks) are not permitted.
- Nail polish and cosmetics are not to be worn at school.
- Bottle green, broad-brimmed hats, consistent with our Sunsmart policy, must be worn outside in Terms 1 and 4. Legionnaire hats and bucket hats are not permitted. Hats are not to be worn inside.
Uniform without the school logo is available from: K-MART, TARGET, BIG W, BEST & LESS, Dandenong Market etc..
Most staff are Level 2 Workplace First Aid trained with current CPR and anaphylaxis training accreditation. We are an Asthma Friendly School which involves annual briefings and updates on the latest management of asthma. Our Sick Bay is well equipped with basic requisites – bandaids, spacers, slings etc. Please remember: It is a parent/carer’s responsibility to provide their child’s medication for asthma (and a spacer) or severe allergies and any other medical conditions. A Medication Authority Form is available for parents/carers to complete if a student requires any medication whilst at school. For further information, please contact the Asthma Foundation of Victoria on 1800 645 130 or email email@example.com
Kitchen Garden Program recipes
All Hallam PS students are required to wear broad brimmed bottle green hats in terms one and four and during the start of Term 2 and the end of Term 3, if deemed necessary, for all outdoor activities. NO HAT/ NO PLAY. Please remember it is advisable to continue using sun protection throughout the term break and for a few weeks in term two. If UV levels are still above three please continue to Slip on sun protective clothing, Slop on SPF 30 or higher sunscreen, Slap on a wide brimmed hat, Seek shade and, if practical, Slide on wrap-around sunglasses. Please check the daily sun protection times to be sure. These are available on the free SunSmart app and widget, on our home page, and in the weather section of the newspaper or at sunsmart.com.au Even in the cooler autumn weather, that UV exposure all adds up. SunSmart Policy
Helping at school
We welcome parents and carers at Hallam PS. There are many ways in which you can assist your child. Please contact the class teacher if you would like to come along and help out. **All helpers are required to have a current Working With Children Check and must complete a brief Parent Induction course, (accompanied by a cuppa!!). School Council will need to give approval for Parent/Community helpers.